How well are you adapting to the RAPIDLY EVOLVING landscape of ONLINE TECHNOLOGY in your business?
At ilumin, we are committed to helping our clients identify the steps they can take to stay active in changing times.
Here are two things we recommend you take a few minutes to consider this month:
Do you have your digital files all ready to send to your accountant?
The paper war is over. If you keep digital copies of all your financial records, you will be all ready to go when your accountant is ready to process your end of year accounts. Before we get any further into the new financial year, make sure all your 2018 records are saved in one location on your computer:
- First, create a folder with a name like “Financial Accounts Records 2018”
- Alternatively, does your current accounting software system have the ability to store your files and transactions online in one place for easy access?
- Then scan or take photos and save documents we are likely to ask you for, such as copies of your bank statements, insurances, contracts for Hire Purchases, invoices for purchase of assets etc during the year as you receive them.
- Save your list of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable at 31/3/18
Do you have an online invoicing system in place?
For most people the days of handwriting invoices with carbon copies are long gone. The sun is even setting on the days of word processing and posting invoices! There are many options in the marketplace that will speed up the whole process including:
- Create, save, and email recurring invoices based on your custom template
- Create and send invoices straight from your phone or tablet right when you finish a job
- Accept payments online with a debit or credit card, or with Stripe or PayPal, right from the invoice to keep cash flowing
- Automate invoice payment reminders and get paid faster with tailored emails to your customers.
Keep an eye out for part two of this discussion coming soon and in the meantime, if the matters raised above bring any queries to mind that you would like further information on, please do not hesitate to call one of our Client Software Services Team on 04 385 3343 or email email@example.com